Do I need a referral?

No.  If you have concerns about yourself or your child's communication you are able to call up to arrange assessment and treatment.

If your condition is considered to be "chronic", your GP may provide you with a Chronic Disease Management Plan. This entitles you to access 5 sessions that are partly subsidized by Medicare.

Veterans can access services with a no out-of-pocket cost with referral from a medical practitioner.

What if I need mobile services?

 An extra travel charge is added to the overall fee at $15 per 10 minutes of travel.

How can I reach my Speech Pathology goals more quickly?

Your goals will be reached faster if you can incorporate practice into your daily life. The Speech Pathologist will discuss practice  with you within the session and may give you a specific activity.

At what age should I seek help for my child if I'm worried?

You should seek advice as soon as you are concerned. We can assess children from as early as 3 months of age (for feeding) and 6 months of age for communication. Often, early intervention is the most effective. 

Fact Sheets

If you want to know more about the role of a Speech Pathologist and what we can do for you, please visit Speech Pathology Australia's fact sheets